[R-sig-ME] Time-varying vs. time-invariant covariates in longitudinal multivariate mixed-models

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:33:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 12:45 +0200, Eiko Fried wrote:
> (2) Where can I find information about how to treat (highly skewed)
> ordinal outcome variables in LME4? My outcome variables are ordinal,
> with the values of
> * 0 (not in the last weeks),
> * 1 (2 days within the last week),
> * 2 (4 days in the last week),
> * 3 (nearly on all days in the last week),

I don't think you can do this in lme4. I have a similar problem for
which I use MCMCglmm, which works quite well. The author of the package,
Jarrod Hadfield, has written voluminous documentation that is very
helpful. Get the MCMCglmm_Overview.pdf and MCMCglmm_CourseNotes.pdf. If
you still have problems, Jarrod is very generous with his time to help
people on this list.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR