[R-sig-ME] Anova/deviance table in glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:43:30 CET 2012

On 12-03-20 02:32 PM, Thomas Merkling wrote:
> Dear Ben and other list members,
>
> - Is there any way to produce a Anova/deviance table for a model
> fitted with glmmADMB ? I used the Anova() function from the car
> library for glmer models, but it does not seem to work with
> glmmadmb (I'm using glmmADMB 0.7) and I would like only one p-value
> for each term and interaction and NOT one p-value for each level of
> the interaction.

  Hmmm.

  car::Anova() should work now -- I had to add a model.frame() and a
df.residual() method for glmmadmb objects.  (The df.residual number
may be a little dodgy -- I'm not sure I counted the parameters right
- -- but I don't think it's actually used for much by default, cause you
get Wald chi-square tests)

  The newest version of glmmADMB is 0.7.5.1 -- it may take a little
while for r-forge to catch up, and I was having a few dependency
issues.  If you don't see it there in ~ 24 hours, drop me a line.

> - I also tried to compare nested models via LRT using
> anova(model1,model2) for glmmADMB models but I didn't get any
> p-values, it produced NaN, although it apparently calculate the
> differences in likelihood. Where can this come from ?

  This ought to have worked: perhaps you had the models in the wrong
order?

> - I tried to use the coefplot2 library (downloaded from
> http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bolker/R/src/contrib) as showed on the
> glmmADMB home page ("getting started with glmmADMB"), but I
> couldn't use it and got this error message : unable to find an
> inherited method for function "coefplot2", for signature
> "glmmadmb". Is it normal ? It worked fine with glmer output.

  Can you try getting it from r-forge?

  Again, if the problem persists let me know.

  Ben