[R-sig-ME] error message using glmmadmb

RH Gibson, School Biological Sciences Rachel.Gibson at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 14:52:16 CET 2012

That would make sense as I am able to fit a zero-inflated negative binomial
model, but not just the binomial. I have tried poisson too, but this gave
me the same error message as trying to fit the binomial.

The y variable is a count, offset by a sample total. There is
overdispersion and a lot of zeros in the data. Does using the zero-inflated
negative binomial make sense here?

Thanks.