[R-sig-ME] Fit SGLMM by lme4 package

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Mar 4 00:46:09 CET 2012

The original poseter might find INLA of use:

http://www.r-inla.org/

Best wishes

Andrew

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 09:30:38AM +1100, John Maindonald wrote:
> The first place to look is surely under "Point pattern analysis"
> on the Spatial task view (http://cran.csiro.au/web/views/)
> Note especially the spatstat package.
>
> But I am puzzled also.  A model that takes account os spatial
> correlation might I suppose be described as some kind of
> 'spatial generalized linear mixed model'
> Do you have something more in mind?  And why the Laplace
> approximation in particular?
>
> John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
> phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
> Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
> John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
> Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
> http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm
>
> On 04/03/2012, at 8:28 AM, Douglas Bates wrote:
>
> > I am taking the opportunity to cc: this reply to the
> > R-SIG-Mixed-Models mailing list.  Members of that list are often more
> > knowledgeable and quicker to respond than am I.
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM,  <hbaghishani at modares.ac.ir> wrote:
> >> Dear Professor Bates,
> >
> >> I would like to fit an spatial generalized linear mixed model, for example
> >> to model spatial count responses, by Laplace approximation and by using lme4
> >> R package. I'm very enthusiastic if it is possible to implement this fitting
> >> by glmer in lme4 package?
> >
> > I'm not exactly sure what a spatial generalized linear mixed model is.
> > Could you or someone else on the list elaborate, please?

Andrew Robinson
Deputy Director, ACERA
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-6410
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia               (prefer email)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~andrewpr              Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
http://www.acera.unimelb.edu.au/

Forest Analytics with R (Springer, 2011)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/FAwR/
Introduction to Scientific Programming and Simulation using R (CRC, 2009):
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/spuRs/