[R-sig-ME] Fit SGLMM by lme4 package

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sat Mar 3 23:30:38 CET 2012

The first place to look is surely under "Point pattern analysis"
on the Spatial task view (http://cran.csiro.au/web/views/)
Note especially the spatstat package.

But I am puzzled also.  A model that takes account os spatial
correlation might I suppose be described as some kind of
'spatial generalized linear mixed model'
Do you have something more in mind?  And why the Laplace
approximation in particular?

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm