[R-sig-ME] Teaching to use lme4

Philipp Doebler philipp.doebler at uni-muenster.de
Fri Oct 21 10:17:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

> >Are you aware that the newest version of SPSS comes with GLMM
> >support
> >(finally)? Wouldn't that be just more convenient? You can teach
> >modern
> >statistics to psychology students and you can learn them
> >programming.

I am aware that SPSS finally has these features, and in fact the majority of
students is familiar with SPSS. In fact we even have some slides from last
year for SPSS, that would be the easy route ;)

Nevertheless more and more people in the department are using R and we aim to
use it exclusively in teaching. It would feel like taking a step back using
SPSS for the GLMMs. We are not going to use R when teaching structural
equation models, since that is probably going to be too tricky.

Yvonnik Noel: I tried to run your installation script for R2STATS, which
failed since I do not have administrator rights on this machine. What I could
glean from your homepage (my French is not that good, but I could look at the
screenshots) seemed promising though. Is there some kind of mailing list or
other way to keep informed about the progress of your project?

Best wishes, Philipp

Yvonnick Noel schrieb am 2011-10-21:
> Hello,

 But,