[R-sig-ME] Status of the development package lme4a

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 19 21:20:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Matthias Gralle <gralle at bioqmed.ufrj.br> wrote:
> Adam D. I. Kramer <adik at ...> writes:
>

>> At risk of annoying people who don't want to hear about a package they can't
>> use in order to help some other people be ABLE to use the package, for those
>> who may be new to R-Forge and have trouble getting ahold of lme4a, here is
>> the method:
>>
>> svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4
>
> Thanks for this info! I tried it out, but got "Connection refused" from svn. I
> have only very limited experience with svn, so I may be missing something basic.
> Do I need to create a repository first, or do I need to have a svn username for
> R-Forge?

You shouldn't need a repository or a user name

I'm probably not the best person to test something like

svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4

but I did get a response.  I would start by listing the subdirectories
as there are many and you don't want them all

bates at bates3:/tmp$ svn list svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4
branches/
pkg/
www/

What you really want is in

 svn list svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4/pkg/lme4a