[R-sig-ME] lme4, lme4a, and overdispersed distributions (again)

Jeffrey Evans Jeffrey.Evans at dartmouth.edu
Thu Jun 24 19:59:58 CEST 2010

Since I am definitely *not* a mathematician, I am straying in over my head
here.

I understand what you are saying - that there isn't a likelihood function
for the quasi-binomial "distribution". And therefore, there is no-such
distribution.

What do you think of the suggestion that a beta-binomial mixture
distribution could be used to model overdispersed binomial data?

Would this be a techinically correct and logistically feasibile solution?

-jeff