[R-sig-ME] R-structure in ZIP models

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Sun Jan 10 00:52:27 CET 2010

Hi Chris,
If you mean the covariance between the poission parameter and zero
inflation, its because the
model is not identified. In general though fixing a variance should
expedite MCMC convergence
as 2nd moments require much more information to estimate. But fixing a
parameter tends to
be a pretty strong prior ;)

Nicholas