[R-sig-ME] package for zero-inflated poisson models with temporal correlation?

Trina Schneider Bayard trina.schneider at huskymail.uconn.edu
Mon Jan 11 18:51:22 CET 2010

Dear all,

After looking through the archives I'm pretty certain I'm on the right
list but please let me know if this question is best posted elsewhere:

Does anyone know of an R package that is able to perform zero-inflated
Poisson/negative binomial models that incorporate temporal correlation?

My data consist of weekly counts (12) of various bird behaviors taken at
29 points, along with various explanatory variables related to local
reproductive activity and environmental conditions.

So far, I have been able to
1) model the counts of bird behaviors as a function of the explanatory
variables while incorporating the temporal correlation associated with my
data collection methods using the “geepack” library (thus ignoring
zero-inflation)
2) model the zero-inflated counts of bird behaviors as a function of the
explanatory variables using the “pscl” library (thus ignoring temporal
correlation)
....but have not been able to find a function that incorporates both
conditions.

I’d rather not take the average of the counts across all 12 weeks as I am
interested in how specific bird behaviors change according to both local
reproductive activities and the progression of the breeding season.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Trina

--
Trina Schneider Bayard