[R-sig-ME] [Fwd: effective sample size]

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 20 03:17:28 CET 2009

That is a neat paper.  The formula that is used for calculating
effective sample size is remarkably simple, an obvious thing
to try once one has seen it.  It seems to me likely that, by taking
better account of off-diagonal elements in the variance-covariance
matrix, it should be possible to improve on their formula.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm