[R-sig-ME] [Fwd: effective sample size]

David Atkins datkins at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 17 17:10:38 CET 2009

This was just posted to the multilevel listserv, and I have taken a very
quick glance.  It appears to offer an alternative form for estimating
degrees of freedom.  It's focused on longitudinal data, and I have not
looked closely enough to see whether it would be more generally
applicable to mixed-models (multilevel, nested, crossed, etc.) or
whether it would "scale up" for larger problems.

Given all the hoo-hah around dfs, thought I would at least kick it out
to the group.

cheers, Dave