[R-sig-ME] interpreting Std. error from glmer output

Christine Griffiths Christine.Griffiths at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 18:28:30 CEST 2009

Thank you for your help. Because I am using glmer with Binomial family I
cannot calculate 95% CIs using the mcmcsamp function and have not been able
to find a way to do this. Hence my reason to look at the SE.

I probably didn't explain myself clearly enough. What I meant is, is the SE
for a fixed effect the difference from the intercept, just as the mean for
a fixed effect needs to be calculated as a difference from the intercept?
Your definition earlier seemed to support that it is a difference and so I
need to calculate the SE by summing the value given with the intercept.

Christine.Griffiths at bristol.ac.uk
http://www.bio.bris.ac.uk/research/mammal/tortoises.html