[R-sig-ME] interpreting Std. error from glmer output

William Morris wkmor1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:32:49 CEST 2009

Well, it depends.

It depends on what you mean by deviance, you should clarify this (here
is a start http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviance_%28statistics%29). In
general, deviance is used as a measure of model fit and usually
encountered as a component of Information criteria.

Do you need to take the uncertainty (SE) in model estimates into
account? It is probably a good idea if you are going to make
predictions based on model estimates to also calculate predictions at
the 95CI limits.