[R-sig-ME] incorporate pedigree into lmer

Jon Hallander Jon.Hallander at genfys.slu.se
Tue Feb 6 13:06:32 CET 2007

Hello,

I am a novice using the lme4 library and would like some help regarding the function lmer. I would like to solve the animal model using several random effects (e.g. individual (animal) and dominance effects). Also, I would like to infer the additive and dominance relationship matrices (covariance matrices). The function pedigree can set up the pedigree structure, but how do I use it in the lmer function? I have not found any convenient example.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jon Hallander

Jon Hallander
Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology
SE-901 83 UMEÅ
SWEDEN
Phone: +46 90 786 82 80
Mobile: +46 70 220 08 79