[R-sig-ME] Heterogeneous compound symmetry in R?

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 5 19:40:35 CET 2007

Dear Bernd,

probably, depending on what you mean by "heterogeneous compound
symmetry".  lme can certainly fit some models that could be described
that way, but not others.  I suggest that you buy and read a book that
mainly refers to R: Pinheiro and Bates, 2002, "Mixed Effects Models in
S and S-Plus"  :)

Cheers

Andrew