[R-meta] robust variance estimation with few clusters

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 25 16:42:20 CEST 2024

Hi Filippo,

Your approach is to fit a univariate model and then cluster the standard
errors to allow for dependence across effects nested within papers. RVE is
based on using working models for the dependence structure, and so we might
call this approach an "independent effects" working model. Your approach
seems totally reasonable to me, especially if the higher-level structure is
difficult to estimate (because of few effects per cluster).

James