[R-meta] Questions about interpreting the intercept in a rma.mv model

Reza Norouzian rnorouz|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 22 22:16:24 CEST 2023

Hi Maggie,

Without reproducible code, it's difficult to pinpoint what has gone
wrong on your machine (e.g., an installation problem, a data/model
issue, or something else).

As an alternative, you can try the code provided in the article linked
below. There, you'll need to first install the R programs by running
code snippet #1 on p. 22. Then, you can do:

post_rma(trial, ~region+impact)

It also seems that you're using log response ratios as your effect
size measure? if so, then in case, you prefer your marginal mean
estimates to be reported on the original scale (i.e., ratio of the
means), then you can do:

post_rma(trial, ~region+impact, type = "response")

Kind regards,
Reza

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/370656317_Meta-analysis_of_Second_Language_Research_with_Complex_Research_Designs

Reza Norouzian (he/him/his)
Senior Researcher for Multilingual Learners | Oregon Department of Education