[R-meta] Question on: models results extracted to tables by a function

Reza Norouzian rnorouz|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 30 20:34:01 CEST 2023

Dear Gabriel,

In short, no such function currently exists in metafor, partly
because there is quite a bit of flexibility in models fit by rma.mv.

By contrast, standard random-effects models, like the one you're showing,
have far less flexibility in their specifications leading to a much more
uniform output. Given this uniformity, metafor offers the reporter.rma.uni()
function which generates essentially a report-type output that you can edit
and use for publication purposes.

A question similar to yours regarding rma.mv recently came up on the list (
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-meta-analysis/2023-June/004737.html).
You can pretty much reconstruct your tables (except the last one) using the
quantities discussed there.

Regarding your last table, you can use: t(fitstats(your_model)). However,
if you necessarily want the log-likelihood from both the max. likelihood
and restricted max. likelihood methods for the same model, then, you'll
need to fit your model twice, each time setting the "method=" argument in
your rma.mv call to one of those two methods.

You can also search the metafor's online resources or the listserv's
archives for any other quantities (e.g., I^2) that you like to form your
desired table(s).

Kind regards,
Reza