[R-meta] robust.rma.mv in metafor

Reza Norouzian rnorouz|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 12 06:01:37 CET 2023

Dear Wolfgang,

I'm trying to get the robust estimates of fixed effects for my model
(res) below using robust.rma.mv().

But, I wonder why I encounter an error saying:

"Number of clusters (8) must be larger than the number of fixed effects (9)"

Notice that when using clubSandwich directly, no errors occur.

PS. Will share the data privately for reproducibility.

Thank you,
Reza Norouzian (he/him/his)
Professor of TESOL | Anaheim University | Homepage
Senior Researcher for Multilingual Learners | Department of Education
res <- rma.mv(lnr ~ outcome + 0, vi,
       random = ~ 1|scale/study/outcome/effect,
       data = dat)

rob_res <- robust(res, cluster = scale, clubSandwich = TRUE)

coef_test(res, "CR2")