[R-meta] Removing intercept for all categorical variables in a single model

John Mahas jwm0055 @end|ng |rom @uburn@edu
Thu Apr 6 17:44:20 CEST 2023

Hi All,

I am using the rma.mv function in R for a meta-analysis project where I have multiple categorical moderator variables. I am trying to get the intercept removed from these moderators, but it is only removing the intercept from the first moderator listed in the code (see example below).

results=rma.mv(yi,vi,mods=~a-1+b-1+c-1,data=datum)

If I ran the example here, it would remove the intercept for "a" but not "b" and "c". Is there a way I can remove the intercept for the other moderators as well? If so, how?

Thanks,

John Mahas

John W. Mahas

Graduate Research Assistant

Auburn University

Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
301 Funchess Hall

Auburn, AL 36849