[R-meta] Which is the way of using "metamean" and the "byvar" function to examine the influence of multiple categorical variable on the mean values

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Wed Nov 16 17:58:01 CET 2022

Cross-posted on CrossValidated where I have just suggested a solution

On 16/11/2022 15:09, mark walton wrote:

> I have collected data from 300+ studies on microplastic densities in rivers, I would like to investigate how they vary numeric variables (population density, Average GDP, plastic production) and categorical variables (vegetated/non-vegetated, continent, ecoregion, climatic zone).
>
> However, when running "metamean", and using the "byvar" function I can only analyze one variable at a time. Can anyone recommend a mutivariate method so I can look at what factors are driving the microplastic variation?
>
> Thanks
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html