[R-meta] Collate event/proportion data from Pretest-Posttest controlled studies and one-group Pretest-Posttest studies

David Pedrosa pedro@@c @end|ng |rom @t@||@un|-m@rburg@de
Thu Jun 16 21:43:42 CEST 2022

Dear list,

in extension of the help by Wolfgang Viechtbauer from March this year
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-meta-analysis/2022-March/003918.html),
we wonder about an additional aspect in our data (so far we have
restricted our analyses to the effects of different agents on PD
symptoms). The question we now have is whether we can do a similar
three-level hierarchical meta-analysis for events/proportions. To
briefly summarize, we would like to model the occurrence of adverse
events for all agents and use the study type as a moderator. However, we
are aware that "RR" or "OR" are poor choices and wanted to ask if
someone could point us at an alternative or if we should just stick with
the controlled studies.

Thanks again for the help,

David

--

;
<http://www.ukgm.de>;

PD Dr. David Pedrosa
Leiter der Sektion Bewegungsstörungen, Universitätsklinikum Gießen und
Marburg

Tel.: (+49) 6421-58 65299 Fax: (+49) 6421-58 67055

;
Adresse: Baldingerstr., 35043 Marburg

Web: https://www.ukgm.de/ugm_2/deu/umr_neu/index.html