[R-meta] Fwd:

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Sep 28 14:47:06 CEST 2021

Dear Imran

The code which you present does not seem to correspond to the problem
you state you are having. I think you would be best to find a colleague
who can help you with basic R. I have put some comments in below to
start you off.

On 28/09/2021 11:20, Awais Wahab wrote:
> Hello!
> I need some help please.
> I have 5-6 one sided P-values from different studies and need to do their
> meta-analysis.
>
> I am using these (Example) codes in R as below, but they are not working,
>
> *> library(metap)*
>
> *pvals <- c(0.1, 0.1, 0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.9)  *

OK so you have loaded the package and set up a vector pvals with your
p-values.

> *> istwo <- c(TRUE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE)*
>
> *> toinvert <- c(FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, TRUE)*
>
> *> two2one(pvals, two = istwo, invert = toinvert)*

In the text you said they were all one-sided so why are you using the
two2one function to convert some of them from two-sided to one-sided?

> *> print(validity)*
>
> *> plotp(validity)*
>
> *> schweder(validity)*

The validity dataset is provided with the package to use in examples. It
has nothing to do with your problem at all.

> *OR this below,*
>

> *Fisher's method, T = -2*log(p-value1)-2*log(p-value2)-...-2*log(p-valuem)
> where m is the number of p-values. Under the null hypothesis, this will be
> distributed as chi-squared with m degrees of freedom, so you would then do
> T.pval = 1-pchisq(T,m)*

why not do

result <- sumlog(pvals)

at this point and then print result?

Just for the record Fisher's method may not be the most suitable one for
your scientific question but now you can replace sumlog with one of the
other functions.