[R-meta] Why does rma.mv does not show the same results as robumeta?

Cátia Ferreira De Oliveira cm|o500 @end|ng |rom york@@c@uk
Mon May 24 23:33:48 CEST 2021

Dear James and Wolfgang,

Thank you so much for your replies. I have gone through the article but I
will still need to devote a few full days to fully grasp all the decisions
I would need to make when transitioning from robumeta to
metafor+clubSandwich. My data has a lot of levels of dependencies:

1. Multiple studies contribute multiple correlations
2. Some labs contribute multiple studies
3. The same studies contribute information for multiple levels of the
moderators (e.g. DLD, TD; language/literacy, etc.)
4. Some studies also have a temporal dimension, where participants were
tested at multiple times

Do you have any source that is similar to this? From the article I would
potentially have to run a CSE plus extra levels regarding the hierarchical
structure. The most similar one by  Kalaian and Raudenbush (1996) presented
on the blogpost
https://www.jepusto.com/imputing-covariance-matrices-for-multi-variate-meta-analysis/
but I wonder if may be missing something as there seems to be a lot of
detail that goes into this. I will definitely look for more information, I
would just like to have a starting point.

Thank you!

Catia