[R-meta] sample variance estimation of an effect size (reponse ratio) using confidence limits

Diego Grados Bedoya d|egogr@do@b @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 17 16:30:01 CET 2021

James,

The effect size was originally reported as a percentage (based on the log
response ratio). I back-transformed it using the equation (exp(RR) - 1) *
100% and I did the same for the confidence intervals. Based on these
back-transformed values I am estimating the variance.

If I use both equations, the values of the variance are
complicity different for each equation.

 Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Diego