[R-meta] sample variance estimation of an effect size (reponse ratio) using confidence limits

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 17 16:12:42 CET 2021

Diego,

Is the effect size reported on the log scale (log response ratio, with
range from negative infinity to positive infinity and null value of zero)
or on the ratio scale (range from 0 to infinity, null value of 1)?
Typically, confidence intervals are calculated on the log scale. If the
effect size is reported on the ratio scale, then you can use the formula
you described but you'll first have to convert the response ratio and
confidence limits to the log scale.

James