[R-meta] RVE: degrees of freedom < 4

Cátia Ferreira De Oliveira cm|o500 @end|ng |rom york@@c@uk
Sat Dec 11 20:58:13 CET 2021

Hello,

I hope you are all doing well and that you will get a nice break during the
festive season.
Following from Tanner-Smith and colleagues' article entitled "Handling
Complex Meta-analytic Data Structures Using Robust Variance Estimates: a
Tutorial in R" where they focus on the issue of having a very number of
degrees of freedom (<4), they make the case that we should not trust the
p-values as they are not reliable. I assume the same can be said for the
remaining information as this small number often reflects a lack of power
or influential points, i.e. we wouldn't trust the estimates either, correct?

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Catia