[R-meta] metafor::matreg() and its workflow

Stefanou Revesz @te|@noureve@z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 6 05:26:01 CET 2021

Dear Wolfgang,

Many thanks. I read all three resources. Regarding:

"What if our rma.mv() fit has multiple (interactive) moderators, what
should be passed as R and vcov() to matreg()?"

I meant, as a general matter, if our dataset (e.g.,`dat.craft2003`),
say, had an additional continuous moderator (Xwb) varying within and
between studies (see below), then how could such a moderator affect
the result of rcalc() or rma.mv() or matreg()?

Apparently, the `dat` object returned by rcalc() doesn't return the
full dataset so to use moderators like Xwb from `dat` in the
subsequent rma.mv() call. Also, in your Rmarkdown doc (previous
email), you use a subgroup analysis to deal with a study-level,
categorical moderator (sport) which makes me wonder how we can deal
with Xwb or when multiple moderators exist in the data?

Thanks,
Stefanou

set.seed(0)
dat <- dat.craft2003
dat$Xwb <- rnorm(nrow(dat),rnorm(nrow(dat),9,4),2)