[R-meta] metafor::matreg() and its workflow

Stefanou Revesz @te|@noureve@z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Dec 7 23:40:58 CET 2021

Hi Wolfgang,

Once again, thank you for the chapter and the two useful resources.
For concreteness, are the last two lines OK to use or other solutions
exist?

Many thanks,
Stefanou

set.seed(0)
dat <- dat.craft2003
dat$Xwb <- rnorm(nrow(dat),rnorm(nrow(dat),9,4),2)

tmp <- rcalc(ri ~ var1 + var2| study, ni=ni, data=dat)
V <- tmp$V
dat$var1.var2 <- tmp$dat$var1.var2

dat$var1.var2 <- factor(dat$var1.var2,
                        levels=c("acog.perf", "asom.perf",
"conf.perf", "acog.asom", "acog.conf", "asom.conf"))

res <- rma.mv(ri~ 0+var1.var2+sport+Xwb, V, random = ~ var1.var2 |
study, struct="UN", data=dat)

R <- vec2mat(coef(res)[1:6]) # Is this OK?

matreg(1, 2:4, R=R, V=vcov(res)[1:6,1:6]) # Is this OK?