[R-meta] Wald_tests - are these the same or different model?

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 28 20:47:02 CEST 2021

Hi Catia,

The first test, with constraints = matrix(c(1,0,0,1),2,2), is equivalent to
using constraints = constrain_zero(1:2). In words, the null hypothesis is
that the mean effect size is equal to zero for the first category and for
the second category. Because this null involves constraining two parameters
to zero, the test has df_num = 2.

The second test, with constraints = constrain_pairwise(c(1,2)), is
equivalent to using constraints = constrain_equal(1:2). In words, the null
hypothesis is that the mean effect size in the first category is equal to
the mean effect size in the second category. Because this null involves one
constraint (that the difference between category means is equal to zero),
the test has df_num = 1.

James