[R-meta] MLMA - shared control group

Jorge Teixeira jorgemmtte|xe|r@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 28 15:36:00 CEST 2021

Hey everyone.

Regarding MLMA, due to shared control group, I wonder if:

1) Is it enough to code "studies/obs" and we are done?

res_mlma <- rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~ 1 | studies/obs, data=dat)

2) Or after that, do we also need to compute a correlation matrix? I got
lost in this part.

3) When coding for "studies/obs", the best option is to NOT split the
number of participants in obs?

3.1) Any good literature to support that decision in MLMA? It still seems
strange to me, as it will inflate the actual real number of participants.

Thanks for your time and best wishes,
Jorge