[R-meta] Wald_tests - are these the same or different model?

Cátia Ferreira De Oliveira cm|o500 @end|ng |rom york@@c@uk
Sat Aug 28 05:35:45 CEST 2021

Hello,

I hope you are well.
I have been working with robumeta models which I have been following with
Wald_tests to check for differences between levels for categorical
variables. Whilst I understand the difference between the Wald_tests used
below for categorical variables with more than 2 levels, is there any
difference between these models for categorical variables with two levels?
I ask mostly because they produce different results.

*robu.model <- robu(formula = yi ~ -1 + as.factor(condition), data = Data,
                     studynum = Study, var.eff.size = vi,
     rho = .8, small = TRUE)*

*Wald_test(lit.seq.complexity, constraints = matrix(c(1,0,0,1),2,2), vcov =
"CR2", tidy = TRUE)*

test Fstat df_num df_denom p_val sig
  HTZ  1.73      2     6.16 0.254

*Wald_test(lit.seq.complexity, constraints = constrain_pairwise(c(1,2)),
vcov = "CR2", tidy = TRUE)*

test Fstat df_num df_denom p_val sig
HTZ 0.881      1     6.45 0.382

Thank you,