[R-meta] correlation between pre and post test?

YA x|nx|813 @end|ng |rom 126@com
Thu Aug 26 04:52:44 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the helpful suggestions.

Philippe:

By 'If all the studies present pre and post (and you don't have any study with change score) you can do a SMD only using the post measures', do you mean use post SD as the standardizer to calculate the SMD?

Michael:

1. If I use change scores as the effect size, can I use the pre and post means and SDs to calculate the effect size and the standard error?

2. By using a range of plausible pre-post correlations for a sensitivity analysis, do you mean providing a correlation coefficient for all of primary studies and save the results, then change the correlation coefficient to another value for all the primary studies, and run the analysis again, see if the two sets of results are significantly different? Is it possible to do the significant test?

Mike:

I do not have access to SAS or Stata, do you know any R implementation example code using Riley(2008) method?

Thank you very much guys.

Best regards,

YA