[R-meta] Difference in Proportions Meta-Analysis

Wed Jun 10 16:13:06 CEST 2020

Hi Nelly,

Don't you have the sample size on which the proportions are based? If not, the standard error of a proportion is SE[p] = sqrt[p(1-p)/n], so given p and SE[p], one can easily recover the sample size with n = p(1-p) / SE^2. Do this for both groups. Call the resulting sample sizes n1i and n2i. Also compute the number events with p*n. Do this for both groups. Call the resulting event counts ai and ci. Now you have everything to use escalc(measure="OR", ai, n1i, ci, n2i).