[R-meta] Difference in Proportions Meta-Analysis

Mon Jun 8 18:48:13 CEST 2020

No, this is not correct. You should not apply the logit-transformation to the difference and the SE is not correct either. You should apply the logit-transformation to the two proportions individually, compute the correct SE of the logit-transformed proportions, take the difference between the two logit-transformed proportions, and then you can use the equation to get the SE of this difference. But all of this can just be done in a single step with escalc(measure="OR", ...). As I mentioned, the difference between two logit-transformed proportions is the log odds ratio.