[R-meta] Difference in Proportions Meta-Analysis

ne gic neg|c4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 18:37:55 CEST 2020

Sorry, that was a typing mistake:
I transformed the proportions using qlogis, then back transformed them
using the plogis.

Here is literally what I have done:

On excel:

1. Calculated the difference in proportions between arm1 and arm2 (arm1 -
arm2) to get arm12_prop_diff
2. Used the formula you provided to calculate the "joint" standard error
(se_diff)

In R:

# Import the excel data.

gastric_data$arm12_prop_diff <- as.numeric(gastric_data$arm12_prop_diff)
gastric_data$se_diff <- as.numeric(gastric_data$se_diff)

# Log transformation
gastric_data$arm12_prop_qlogs_diff <- qlogis(gastric_data$arm12_prop_diff)

# fit random-effects model
pes.da=rma(yi = arm12_prop_qlogs_diff, sei = se_diff, slab=author ,
data=gastric_data, method="REML")
forest(pes.da, xlab = "2-year survival difference (%)",
order=order(gastric_data$arm12_prop_diff), atransf=plogis)

Is this still not a reasonable way to go about this?