[R-meta] Difference in Proportions Meta-Analysis

ne gic neg|c4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 15:09:30 CEST 2020

Dear Michael,

Thanks. I am using metafor (or rather planning to for this).

Initially I had performed two separate single arm meta-analysis of
proportion as follows to get an estimate for each of the arms:

rma(yi = arm1_prop_plogis, sei = arm1_se, slab=author_year ,
data=gastric_data, method="REML")

rma(yi = arm2_prop_plogis, sei = arm2_se, slab=author_year ,
data=gastric_data, method="REML")

But then it was pointed out that it would be more interesting to
meta-analyze the difference in proportions from both arms, and hence my
question.

So what I have done is:

   1. Calculate the raw proportion differences i.e. before using the R
   function "qlogis"
   2. Calculate a single SE from the SE of both arms using the equation
   provided by Wolfgang.

Then the two outputs are what I hope to provide as inputs to rma exactly as
I had done before for the single arm analysis.

Is there a more direct way to do this? or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Sincerely,
nelly