[R-meta] Difference in Proportions Meta-Analysis

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon Jun 8 14:48:13 CEST 2020

Dear Nelly

I am not sure what software you use but both meta and metafor provide
analysis of risk differences (which is what differences in proportions
are) so you may get what you want directly there.

Michael

On 08/06/2020 11:36, ne gic wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I aim to perform a meta-analysis and present a forest plot of the
> difference in proportions between two groups.
>
> For each group I have proportion and standard error (SE).
>
> It's straightforward to get the difference in the proportions, but am not
> sure how to handle the SEs, I presume I can't just subtract them. Is there
> a formula on how to handle SEs?
>
> Sincerely,
> nelly
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]