[R-meta] Multiple use of the same control

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Thu Nov 8 16:42:58 CET 2018

Dear Arne,

Are you allowing for correlation between the sampling errors over time?

See, for example:

Musekiwa, A., Manda, S. O., Mwambi, H. G., & Chen, D. G. (2016). Meta-analysis of effect sizes reported at multiple time points using general linear mixed model. PLOS ONE, 11(10), e0164898. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0164898

See also: help(dat.ishak2007) and help(dat.fine1993).

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Arne Janssen
Sent: Saturday, 03 November, 2018 16:32
To: 'r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org'
Subject: [R-meta] Multiple use of the same control

Dear list members,

I have a similar problem as Lasse Bang ( Follow-up - Dependencies in
data: multiple studies with overlapping sample sizes).

I want to do a meta-analysis of studies with  time series, often with
time series of several treatments and one control time series. To
include all the treatments in the analysis, I therefore need to use the
same control time series several times. How can I correct for that?

I am using  rma.mv with time as one of the modulators and StudyID (the
publication ID) and SampleID (time series within the same study) as
random effects, and a continuous-time autoregressive structure.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best wishes,
Arne Janssen