[R-meta] Multiple use of the same control

Arne Janssen @rne@j@n@@en @ending from uv@@nl
Sat Nov 3 16:32:18 CET 2018

Dear list members,

I have a similar problem as Lasse Bang ( Follow-up - Dependencies in
data: multiple studies with overlapping sample sizes).

I want to do a meta-analysis of studies with  time series, often with
time series of several treatments and one control time series. To
include all the treatments in the analysis, I therefore need to use the
same control time series several times. How can I correct for that?

I am using  rma.mv with time as one of the modulators and StudyID (the
publication ID) and SampleID (time series within the same study) as
random effects, and a continuous-time autoregressive structure.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best wishes,
Arne Janssen