[R-meta] Quick question about multiple independent samples within one study

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Thu Dec 13 17:41:34 CET 2018

First: I forgot the 'struct="UN"' part, so:

res1 <- rma.mv(yi, dat$V, mods = ~ var1var2 - 1, random = list(~ var1var2 | id, ~ 1 | study/id), struct="UN", data=dat$dat)

One could consider various models here. Another one would indeed be:

res2 <- rma.mv(yi, dat$V, mods = ~ var1var2 - 1, random = list(~ var1var2 | study, ~ var1var2 | id), struct=c("UN","UN"), data=dat$dat)

('~ var1var2 | study/id' does not currently work, but if 'id' is coded in the way I show below, then this is the same thing).

As James mentioned, one could use LRTs to compare such models:

anova(res1, res2)