[R-meta] Multiple Categorical moderators - Syntax

angelo solarino angelosolarino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:17:11 CEST 2018

hello,

I am new to this mailing list and i am writing because i am having some
problem transiting from a commercial software to metafor, and i would like
to enquire your help.

I want to compare the effect size across multiple categorical moderators,
for instance: *Dogs*, *Cats*, *Parrots *and *Dolphins*. In the instruction
manual it is said that I need to create multiple dummy variables (one per
category) and then select them in the rma function with the command byvar.
At this point, apparently I am not able to continue because I am doing
something wrong and I haven't figured out what.

Could you please share an example of the syntax for a meta-analysis with
multiple categorical moderators?

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from
you.

Best

Angelo