[R-meta] Multiple Categorical moderators - Syntax

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Apr 27 18:56:46 CEST 2018

Hi Angelo,

What instruction manual are you using? There is no 'byvar' argument or function in metafor.

I assume you mean that *Dogs*, *Cats*, etc. are the _levels_ of some categorical moderator. Let's call it 'species'. Then just add this variable as a moderator to the model:

res <- rma(yi, vi, mods = ~ species, data=dat)
res

These may also be useful:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:testing_factors_lincoms
http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:multiple_factors_interactions