[R-meta] Meta-analysis Hedges g - comparisons with same placebo

P. Roberto Bakker robertobakker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:12:46 CEST 2017

Hi,

We are conducting a meta-analysis of RCTs between antidepressants and placebo and calculate Hedges g.
Question:
How can we deal with studies which compare different antidepressants with the same placebo? Our concern is when we include the different antidepressant comparisons with the same placebo in the meta-analysis the placebo size will increase artificially which will lead to more precise spurious results. If our reasoning is correct, how can we deal this?

Thank you in advance,

Roberto

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10