[R-meta] multilevel meta-analysis using metafor

brauldeq brauldeq at hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 30 15:10:57 CEST 2017

Following
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44811867/multilevel-meta-analysis-using-metafor
I understand that I could at first specify my model using model <-
rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~ 1 | sample_nr/effect_nr, data = data). To
solve the problem concerning the covariances of the sampling errors I
would hereafter use robust.rma.mv(model, cluster=data$sample_nr, adjust
= T). Would this approach solve my problem?

Am I right to assume that the rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~1 |
sample_nr/effect_nr) function would calculate proper estimate of effect
size but is problematic in terms of sampling errors?

Thanks,
Denise