[R-SIG-Mac] Spatial Packages for X86_64

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Tue Aug 23 19:27:17 CEST 2022

Thanks,  I actually tried using r-universe.  Unfortunately, for example,  package sf contains an .so file that is unregistered,  so while I can install the r-universe package,  when I try to load that installation of sf my system gets very unhappy.  Moreover,  on my work computer,  our IT would be very unhappy if I tried to override that.

-Roy

> On Aug 23, 2022, at 10:22 AM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen using berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 7:12 PM Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via
> R-SIG-Mac <r-sig-mac using r-project.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I noticed that a lot of the spatial packages,  such as sf,  terra,  raster etc are up to date for arm64,  bu not so for X86_64.  I know to get all the required libraries working can be a real hassle,  but I was just wondering if there is anything that can be done to help.  I don't know that I would have the expertise,  but just thought I would inquire.
>
> MacOS binaries are also available from r-universe, see:
> https://r-spatial.r-universe.dev and https://rspatial.r-universe.dev
> for details. For example to update sf and terra:
>
>   install.packages("sf", repos = "https://r-spatial.r-universe.dev")
>   install.packages("terra", repos = "https://rspatial.r-universe.dev")

**********************
**********************