[R-SIG-Mac] Spatial Packages for X86_64

Jeroen Ooms jeroen @end|ng |rom berke|ey@edu
Tue Aug 23 19:22:58 CEST 2022

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 7:12 PM Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via
R-SIG-Mac <r-sig-mac using r-project.org> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I noticed that a lot of the spatial packages,  such as sf,  terra,  raster etc are up to date for arm64,  bu not so for X86_64.  I know to get all the required libraries working can be a real hassle,  but I was just wondering if there is anything that can be done to help.  I don't know that I would have the expertise,  but just thought I would inquire.

MacOS binaries are also available from r-universe, see:
https://r-spatial.r-universe.dev and https://rspatial.r-universe.dev
for details. For example to update sf and terra:

   install.packages("sf", repos = "https://r-spatial.r-universe.dev")
   install.packages("terra", repos = "https://rspatial.r-universe.dev")