[R-SIG-Mac] Binary R-devel Builds For OS-X

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 16 10:22:35 CEST 2020

Yes. Simon's policy is just to use the current x.y SVN branch (say R-4.0-branch) which goes through the alpha-beta-RC-(release)-Patched cycle.

I.e. R-4.0-branch.pkg will _be_ the prerelease at the relevant stage of the development cycle.

(Nerdy details: There is only x.y.0 alpha, otherwise we go directly from, say, "4.0.0 Patched" to "4.0.1 beta"; or, differently put, R-patched _is_ the alpha for the next version. Also, the unqualified x.y.z name is only there while the relase tarball is being created, which is about 5 minutes on release day so never makes it to the nightly builds.)

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501