[R-SIG-Mac] obsolete LaTeX software in "R CMD check" on Mac?

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 15:34:31 CEST 2020

Hmm, like Eberhard, I'm not too sure this is right.

A look at ls -l /usr/local/bin should be informative though.

I haven't been paying that close attention, but I think the history is that TeX programs used to live in /usr/local/bin, but then Apple did something(?) so now they go to Library/TeX/texbin (and are really links that via several levels of indirection end up somewhere in /usr/local/texlive). However, old installs may still have binaries or links in /usr/local/bin. I would guess that a simple

sudo rm /usr/local/bin/pdflatex

could work (possibly remove some other  *tex programs as well).

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501